- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Family focused network Up is taking full advantage of the excitement for Netflix’s Gilmore Girls revival.
The cabler on Wednesday announced a massive Gilmore Girls marathon that will feature a whopping 153 straight hours of the beloved dramedy from Amy Sherman-Palladino.
Timed to the debut of Netflix’s Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, the Up marathon will kick off Friday, Nov. 18, at 6 p.m. ET with season one and wrap with the season-seven finale on Friday, Nov. 25, at 3 a.m. Netflix’s four-part revival will debut Nov. 25 at midnight, timed to the Thanksgiving holiday where the streaming giant hopes families will co-view the reboot starring Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel.
“Just in time for the holidays, Up viewers will be able to spend time with another family they truly love,” Up exec vp and GM Amy Winter said. “We wanted to gift our audience with the ultimate catch-up event with added extras like trivia and contests. Our viewers are massive fans of Gilmore Girls, so we’re going all Gilmore all the time for an entire week.”
Up landed repeats of Gilmore Girls in July 2015 — before the Netflix revival was announced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day