- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Talk about a boy meeting the world.
The comedy follow-up, being shepherded by Boy Meets World executive producer Michael Jacobs, centers on Riley Matthews, the daughter of Cory (Ben Savage) and Topanga (Danielle Fishel), who reprise their Boy Meets World characters.
As first reported by TV Line, Halm will play Elliott Matthews, the brother of Rowan Blanchard‘s Riley. The spinoff picks up 13 years after the former ABC comedy ended its run. The potential series will be told from Riley’s point of view.
In addition, John Whitesell (Blossom, Cosby, Roseanne) has also been tapped to direct the pilot.
“I’m hoping parents who grew up with the original Boy Meets World will put their children in front of this because they know what we’re going to do,” Jacobs said of the follow-up in an in-depth interview with THR. “The world is different today.”
Halm is repped by AKA and Untitled.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day