- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedy Central is going on a bear hunt.
The Viacom-owned cable network has put a half-hour scripted comedy called Kill the Orange Face Bear, starring Girls grad Alex Karpovsky, in development.
The project revolves around a man (Karpovsky) whose girlfriend is eaten alive by a bear in front of him. He then sets out to kill said bear.
Blue Mountain State co-creator Chris Romano is attached to pen the script, serve as showrunner and exec produce alongside Jake Szymanski (Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates), with the latter set to direct the pilot. Karpovsky, who played Ray on all six seasons of HBO’s Girls, will also exec produce alongside Trevor Engelson and Steve Fisher (FX’s recently renewed Snowfall, Paramount Network’s upcoming Heathers redo), who packed the show with clients Romano and Karpovsky.
Romano is repped by Verve and Underground. Karpovsky is with WME and Underground. Szymanski is with UTA and Mosaic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day