- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hannah Horvath (Lena Dunham) is shaking what her mom gave her, next to her mother, in the first teaser for the upcoming fifth season of Girls.
The less-than-30-second spot, which aired Sunday night on HBO and debuted online at the same time, sheds no light on details about the next chapter for Hannah, Marnie (Allison Williams), Jessa (Jemima Kirke) and Shoshanna (Zosia Mamet). Instead, the clip simply features Dunham’s character dancing freely in what looks like a class, sporting a shorter haircut than the one she had at the end of season four.
The on-screen text reads “Dance like no one is watching.”
The preview does pick up one of the threads from the end of season four: the end of Hannah’s parents’ marriage. As Hannah’s gyrating around in a sports bra, shorts and shirt tied around her waist, her mother dances over to her and Hannah shouts, “Mom!”
It seems Loreen (Becky Ann Baker) is trying to get her groove back.
HBO recently announced that the show’s fifth season will premiere on Sunday, Feb. 21 at 10 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day