- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Is Transparent the anti-Seinfeld?
In this newest installment of The Hollywood Reporter’s TV recap podcast series Girls On… we tackle a show that is, unlike Seinfeld, a story about everything: gender, religion, family, sexuality, genetics, art — even the Holocaust! Where do we even begin with this thing? Well, by starting where we always do on this podcast: by deciding who is up and who is down in the “Four F” categories of Fashion, Finance, Friendship and Fornication.
Listen in as THR’s Jessie Katz and special guest host Darah Golub (TV editor for the Jewish Broadcasting Service) debate and dissect all that went down in the Pfefferman family this season. Secrets were spilled, love bloomed in unexpected places, Jill Soloway was paraded around the woods like a naughty doggy and Eileen Myles played a friend of Cherry Jones playing a version of Eileen Myles. (Got that?) Plus, Anjelica Huston! Indigo Girls! Not to mention “Flicky-Flicky Thump-Thump!”
Listen below for the full episode of Girls on Transparent and be sure to subscribe to #THRpodcasts on iTunes for all the latest episodes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day