- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Giuliana Rancic is recovering from her second breast cancer procedure in two months after undergoing a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery on Tuesday.
First having a double lumpectomy in October after her initial diagnosis, the E! News host announced last week that the procedure did not get all of her cancer and that she would have both breasts removed.
“G is doing really well,” her Bill Rancic told E! News after the successful operation. “Her surgery lasted about four hours and the doctors were very pleased with the result.”
The 37-year-old explained her procedure on NBC’s Today last week, saying the decision was an easy one. “For me, it was important to get the cancer out,” she said. “That’s what I wanted to do, just get it out.”
Her husband added that she’s in good spirits the day after her surgery.
“She had a little bit of pain through the night,” said Bill, “but is feeling much better this morning and was cracking jokes.”
Rancic plans to return to her E! News job in two weeks after taking some time off to heal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day