- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation and the National Hispanic Media Coalition are urging the FCC to shut down raunchy talk show Jose Luis Sin Censura, described as a Spanish-language equivalent of the Jerry Springer Show, the LA Times reported.
The afternoon show is carried by Liberman Broadcasting’s Estrella TV and is seen on such TV stations as KRCA-TV in LA.
“We want it off the air,” NHMC president and CEO Alex Nogales, who called the show “pornography,” told the Times. “They encourage people to go and beat up the people who are declaring themselves to be gay.”
Critics highlight anti-gay slurs and shouting matches, among other complaints, adding that only some of the language on the show is bleeped.
“We are put at risk by this content,” said GLAAD president Jarrett Barrios. “This is far and away the most outrageous and defamatory television show.”
Liberman Broadcasting COO Winter Horton declined comment on the complaints, according to the Times.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day