- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox’s Glee is setting up quite the competition for New Directions.
Pitch Perfect star Skylar Astin has booked a guest role on the Ryan Murphy dramedy, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The Spring Awakening alum, whose casting was announced via Darren Criss‘ Instagram feed, will play Jean-Baptise, the leader of Throat Explosion — the New Directions’ competition at Nationals. He’ll appear in a March episode of Glee‘s fifth season.
Astin becomes the latest Spring Awakening star to reunite with Lea Michele and Jenna Ushkowitz and appear on the Fox musical. The star of TBS’ Ground Floor joins Jonathan Groff and recent addition Phoebe Strole on the series.
The casting comes after Michele previously campaigned to get her longtime friend a role on Glee. “We’ve been trying! I wanted them to see him for Brody and for so many characters along the way, but he just has to stop being a movie star and doing so many movies!” the actress told THR in October 2012. “I’m his biggest fan, he’s one of my best friends, and I couldn’t be happier for him and his success. He’s amazing in Pitch Perfect. The minute I can get him on Glee, I want him on the show.”
Glee returns on its new night and time Feb. 25 on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day