- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
That didn’t take long.
As first reported by EW, New Directions will cover the hit in the Fox musical’s Season 4 premiere, which will be titled “The New Rachel.” The episode, which kicks off three months after the finale that featured Rachel and company graduating, will see the glee club dealing with their reduced membership. The episode will also feature Adele‘s “Chasing Pavements.”
In a recent interview with THR, co-star Darren Criss eluded to as much, noting that the new season will be featuring some “popular summer songs.”
“There will be some songs that feel like this is not a surprise at all,” he told THR. “Just do the math, popular summer songs, and then you hear them and you’re like oh yeah. This really isn’t shocking.”
Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” has been covered by everyone from the Harvard baseball team, to the U.S. Olympic swim team, Cookie Monster and the singer sitting in with Jimmy Fallon and the Roots, with scores of mash-ups including one featuring President Obama.
Glee‘s fourth season returns Thursday, Sept. 13 at 9 p.m. on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers