- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ricky Martin could go where Gwyneth Paltrow has gone before.
As first reported by TV Line, the former General Hospital star would play a musically inclined Spanish teacher in an episode slated to air in late January. The guest gig would also see Martin headline two big musical numbers.
Martin, who will star as Che in April’s Broadway revival of Evita, would join Paltrow (and Idina Menzel) as high-profile guest stars who have played teachers on Glee.
Hours after news surfaced that the show had its eye on the singer-actor, Martin tweeted, “I hear McKinley high has an opening for a Spanish teacher… Maybe I’ll apply.”
Paltrow played sub Holly Holliday in three episodes of the series, picking up an Emmy for guest star in a comedy last year.
Broadway vet Menzel, meanwhile, is currently reprising her role as substitute math teacher Shelby.
Glee airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the legend of vox machina