- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Keong Sim is having a good week.
The actor, who has been recurring on Glee this season as the stern father to Harry Shum Jr.’s Mike Chang, has booked a series regular role on David E. Kelley’s TNT medical drama pilot Chelsea General and a guesting gig on CBS’ Mike and Molly.
Chelsea, based on CNN chief medical correspondent’s Sanjay Gupta’s novel Monday Mornings, follows the lives of five surgeons as they push the limits of their personal and professional feelings.
Sim will play Dr. Sung Park, an abrupt but socially awkward neurosurgeon who performs his job with a searing intensity and relentless ambition. Should the pilot be picked up to series, Sim would be a regular joining the previously cast Alfred Molina.
In addition to Chelsea, Sim will guest star on CBS’ Mike and Molly, playing veterinarian Dr. Shufeldt in the March 19 episode.
Sim’s credits include The Last Airbender and episodes of The Protector and The Forgotten. He’s repped by Omnipop Talent Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier