- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Glee recorded a music video to David Bowie‘s “Fashion” to promote Fashion Night Out, a Sept. 8 event sponsored by the fashion industry to encourage shopping.
It begins with villain cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) saying, “I just love fashion.” Lynch also ends the clip by shouting into her megaphone, “Now get out and shop!”
The cast wears Prada, Alexander McQueen, Marc Jacobs and Dries Van Noten. Matthew Morrison does not appear. It will air during a rerun of the Lady Gaga rerun episode of the Fox show next Tuesday.
The music video was created by Trey Laird of NYC-based Laird & Partners, according to the New York Times, and commissioned by Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour.
“When Anna and I talked this year, we liked the idea of a performance” as the focus of the campaign, Laird tells the Times.
“As fashion becomes more of a pop-culture influence [it made sense to use the Glee cast because the Fox hit is] such a pop-culture phenomenon,” he went on.
The video will be streamed on fashionsnightout.com, fox.com and vogue.com, on signs in Times Square and on Taxi TV screens.
Ryan Murphy, Lea Michele and several other cast members will be in New York City on Sept. 8 to promote the event, Laird tells the Times.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day