- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first season “Glee” swan song drew 11.1 million viewers and a 4.7 adults 18-49 rating. That gave “Glee” the biggest rating for a new series finale this season and marked the show’s best number without an “American Idol” lead-in.
“Glee” lead-in “Hell’s Kitchen” (7.0 million, 3.2) likewise improved, up 10% for its second episode of the summer.
The “Glee” benchmark came despite heavy competition from ABC’s telecast of Game 3 of the NBA Finals (16 million, 6.7), which gave ABC the nightly win.
Fox and ABC weren’t the only network to receive some good news last night. NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” (13.1 million, 3.7) climbed a tenth from last week’s premiere while up against “Glee.” That gain didn’t carry over to the next hour, however, where the second week of “Losing It With Jillian Michaels” (5.7 million, 2.1) shed 19%.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery