- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fueled by the success of the first two books in his Land of Stories series, he’ll write the third and fourth volumes.
“The Land of Stories has been an incredible journey for me as a writer,” said Colfer in a statement announcing the deal.
“The fan support and love for these characters has been more than a dream come true — I’m humbled and excited to be able to share these new adventures with my readers.”
Scheduled for publication in 2014 and 2015, the two new books will continue the adventure depicted in the previous two books — a fusion of reality and fairy tales that’s witnessed through the eyes of the twin protagonists, Alex and Connor Bailey.
The first two books made The New York Times best-seller list.
He’s also creating his debut picture book, The Curvy Tree, inspired by part of The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell. Brandon Dorman will provide illustrations for the book.
Colfer is best known for his role in Glee as Kurt Hummel. He won a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor in a Series in 2011 for the role.
Colfer is repped by ICM Partners, Coast to Coast, Inphenate and Rob Weisbach Creative Management.
Alvina Ling and Andrew Smith negotiated on behalf of Little, Brown.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day