- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox’s Glee dedicated Tuesday’s Valentine’s Day episode to the late Whitney Houston when, through an odd coincidence, the hour featured a cover of one of the late pop icon’s biggest hits in “I Will Always Love You.”
Originally written and performed by Parton with Houston taking on the track for 1992’s feature The Bodyguard, Glee‘s Amber Riley (Mercedes) covered the song in an already emotional scene where her character opted to be single rather than choose between her current boyfriend Shane and her ex, Sam.
Producers opted to update the hour, which was delivered to the network Friday — the day before Houston’s death — and feature a dedication to the singer-actress in a title card that came at the end of the episode. The card read, “Whitney Houston 1963-2012. We will always love you.”
Houston died Saturday. She was 48. Watch the full performance below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day