- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC is expressing confidence in its Tuesday-evening comedy lineup.
The comedies air as part of ABC’s all-new Tuesday lineup, which starts with Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The Goldbergs, a 1980s-set, semi-autobiographical comedy from Adam F. Goldberg, had the benefit of a monster bow from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and topped its Sept. 24 competition at 9 p.m. with a 3.2 rating among adults 18-49, ranking as ABC’s best comedy launch in more than a year.
Family comedy Trophy Wife, meanwhile, drew a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49 in its Tuesday spot at 9:30 p.m.
Both series have slipped in subsequent weeks as S.H.I.E.L.D. has softened in recent weeks.
The ABC comedies join Fox’s Dads and Brooklyn Nine-Nine as well as The CW’s Reign, Tomorrow People and The Originals as having received additional scripts this season. S.H.I.E.L.D., meanwhile, ranks as the only ABC show that was given a full-season order. Fellow freshman drama Lucky 7 was the season’s first cancellation, getting the ax after two episodes on Tuesdays at 10 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day