- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
She added: “It’s assumed that women will get their breasts out and have to get their breasts out, and I balk at that. It’s unnecessary and unfair.”
When shooting The Affair, Wilson and her co-star and fellow Brit Dominic West often talked about the screen presentation of sex. “These scenes need to have a narrative as much as any other scene,” she said. “So for Dominic and myself, every time it came up, we asked, ‘Do we need this? What are we saying with it?’ “
Crucially, Wilson felt that men should be made to do the “orgasm face” just as often as women. “I kept insisting, ‘Why have I always got to do the orgasm face? There should be a male orgasm face. Why is it always the woman who’s orgasming? Let’s analyze the male orgasm,’ ” she said.
“It’s hard to make good sex scenes work. There are so many crap ones out there,” she added.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day