- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Golden-voiced Ted Williams, the former homeless man who was flooded with announcer job offers after becoming a viral sensation, was briefly detained by police Monday night in Hollywood.
Williams got into an alleged yelling altercation with his daughter.
“LAPD responded to a disturbance call at the Renaissance Hotel at about 9 p.m. [Monday] night,” police spokesman Bruce Borihanh tells The Hollywood Reporter. “An investigation was conducted and two individuals were transferred to the Hollywood station. No one was arrested or booked for any crime in relation to this incident. After a short investigtation, police determined no crime was committed by either party… Nobody wanted to press charges.”
No word on if drugs or alcohol were involved; Williams is a recovering drug addict and alcoholic.
Williams voices MSNBC’s new “Lean Forward” campaign commercials, which first aired last Thursday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day