- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The prognosis remains positive for The Good Doctor.
ABC has renewed the medical drama for a fifth season. The pickup comes a couple weeks ahead of the show’s fourth season finale.
The show is the first of ABC’s scripted series to score a renewal for the 2021-22 season. The network typically holds many of its cards close to the vest until shortly before its upfront presentation in May.
The Good Doctor remains a reliable performer for ABC. The Freddie Highmore-led drama averages about 8.4 million viewers per episode, including a week of delayed viewing, leading all of ABC’s primetime series this season. Its 1.3 rating in the key ad demographic of adults 18-49 is tied for fourth on the network.
The Good Doctor also leads its Monday time period in both ratings measures.
Along with Highmore, the show’s cast includes Richard Schiff, Antonia Thomas, Hill Harper, Christina Chang, Fiona Gubelmann, Will Yun Lee and Paige Spara.
Sony Pictures TV and ABC Signature produce The Good Doctor. David Shore (House) is showrunner and executive produces with Daniel Dae Kim, Erin Gunn, David Kim and Sebastian Lee.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day