- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Good Wife is adding a notable name to season six.
Activist and author Gloria Steinem is heading to the legal drama in a guest-starring cameo, CBS announced Wednesday. Steinem will play herself in the third episode and will come face to face with Julianna Margulies‘ Alicia Florrick.
Margulies revealed on Wednesday’s Live! With Kelly and Michael that she was starstruck when Steinem, a Good Wife fan, filmed her guest spot. “I made a fool of myself and then had to email her and had to apologize,” she admitted.
The Good Wife has featured prominent political and media figures over the years, including Donna Brazile, Bill Maher, former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg and current NYC mayor Bill de Blasio.
Steinem is just the latest in a slew of notable additions in season six, including David Hyde Pierce, Taye Diggs, Steven Pasquale and Connie Nielsen. Margulies leads a main cast that features Christine Baranski, Archie Panjabi, Matt Czuchry, Alan Cumming, Matthew Goode, Makenzie Vega and Zach Grenier.
Steinem rarely makes television appearances on scripted programs. Her sole cameo credits are in the 1996 film The First Wives Club and on a 1995 episode of The Larry Sanders Show.
The Good Wife returns Sunday, Sept. 21, at 9:30 p.m. ET on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day