- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stockard Channing is joining season four of The Good Wife.
The Broadway, TV and film veteran is set to guest star in at least one episode of the CBS legal drama, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Channing will play Alicia Florrick’s (Julianna Margulies) mother, described as mercurial and heavily influenced by the 1960s’ counterculture era.
Channing, whose last significant television role was as First Lady Abbey Bartlett on The West Wing, counts 1978’s Grease, 1980 TV series The Stockard Channing Show and 1993’s Six Degrees of Separation, for which she was nominated for an Oscar, as notable credits.
The list for guest stars for The Good Wife has grown longer and longer. Channing joins the likes of Kristen Chenoweth, Nathan Lane, Maura Tierney, Marc Warren, Amanda Peet, Christina Ricci and Miriam Shor in the new season. Political TV host Bill Maher will also appear as himself.
Entertainment Weekly first reported the news.
The Good Wife kicks off season four Sunday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day