- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a move that might not surprise many former Gossip Girl viewers, Ed Westwick has just been cast as a serial killer.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Westwick, who played scheming Chuck Bass for the six seasons of the CW soap, is the latest actor to board ABC anthology L.A. Crime. The ABC Studios pilot from Steven Baigelman has cast Westwick as the titular criminal: one half of a Bonnie and Clyde-esque serial-killing team. Westwick will play Kent, affectionately referred to as the “creepy murderer.”
Read more TV Pilots 2015: The Complete Guide
He joins previously announced talent Erika Christensen (Betty), Darrell Britt-Gibson (Diver) and Taissa Farmiga (Karen) — among many others.
Billed as a “character-driven, crime procedural that explores sex, politics and popular culture across various noteworthy eras in L.A. history,” L.A. Crime will mix up the narrative each season — should it in fact go to series and find success. The first series focuses on two Angeleno cops on the trail of the killers tearing through the rock ‘n’ roll- and coke-infused revelry of the 1980s Sunset Strip.
Westwick is repped by WME and Affirmative Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day