- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gossip Girl‘s Leighton Meester is returning to the small screen.
The actress has nabbed the female lead in Fox comedy pilot Making History, opposite Adam Pally, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The project centers on three unlikely friends who find an even less likely way to travel through time, irreversibly complicating their personal lives in 2016, as the great moments of the past collide with today’s popular culture — with hilarious and quite disastrous results.
Meester will star as Deborah, a colonial woman self-educated and incredibly motivated with modern ideals trapped in a regressive time. She has contemporary beliefs of gender and racial equality, which everyone scoffs at in 1775. Julius “Goldie” Sharpe (The Grinder) will pen the script and executive produce Making History alongside The Last Man on Earth creators Phil Lord and Chris Miller. Seth Cohen also will exec produce the single-camera comedy from 20th Century Fox Television.
Since playing Blair Waldorf on The CW’s Gossip Girl, Meester has focused on features including The Judge, Life Partners and By the Gun. She is repped by WME and Stone Genow.
Keep up with all the latest pickups, castings and eventual series orders with THR‘s handy guide to pilot season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day