- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW’s Gossip Girl returns to TV for its fifth season Monday night.
And already, a few details about the premiere, titled “Yes, Thank Zero” are already out on the web.
1) The New York-based series will swap coasts for part of the show. Last season ended with Serena (Blake Lively) visiting her grandmother in Los Angeles. The socialite was even offered a job by David O. Russell. Viewers can expect to spend a little more time on the West Coast as the show sees Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Nate (Chace Crawford) making a stop on their world tour to visit.
VIDEO: ‘Gossip Girl’ Goes Hollywood in Extended Promo
2) Nate’s never lonely for long. Elizabeth Hurley will guest star as a mysterious woman, Diana Payne, whom the perennial boy toy meets and will no doubt get involved with.
3) Blair (Leighton Meester) is never happy for long. The soon-to-be princess has returned from her summer in Paris and is in the throngs of wedding planning for her upcoming nuptials to Prince Louis Grimaldi (Hugo Becker), but there is trouble in paradise. His mother, Princess Sophie (Joanne Whalley) is calling more of the shots than she’d like.
PHOTOS: ‘Gossip Girl’-Inspired Fashion Line Launched
4) Though Jessica Szohr‘s contract wasn’t renewed for the fifth season, her character Vanessa will make an appearance during the premiere. Dan (Penn Badgley) knows Vanessa stole his upper-East Side expose, Inside. In the premiere, he is forced to cut his summer trip to the Hamptons to figure out what she did with it (though we as viewers know it’s being published).
Q&A: ‘Hart of Dixie’ Creator Talks Show’s Love Triangles; Lessons Learned From ‘Gossip Girl,’ ‘The O.C’
5) In typical CW show fashion, fans won’t have to wait long for answers to the cliffhangers created at the end of last season. Ivy Dickens aka Charlie Rhodes (aka actress Kaylee DeFer) will be back, and some of her motives made clear. The series’ first ep will also reveal just who is pregnant.
Watch executive producer Joshua Safran’s Season Five Preview interview below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Great Expectations’ Review: Olivia Colman in an FX/Hulu Dickens Adaptation That Strains for Edginess
the tonight show
‘Succession’ Star Kieran Culkin Explains Why Roman Roy Doesn’t Seem to Understand Chairs
Tyler James Williams
Tyler James Williams Says ‘Everybody Hates Chris’ Producer Told Him He Would “Probably Never Work Again”