- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gossip Girl‘s Kevin Zegers has been cast in the Warner Bros. Television pilot Georgetown.
The ABC drama project, formerly known as The Inner Circle, centers on the young people behind the power brokers of Washington, D.C.
The Canadian actor, whose previous credits include Transamerica, Air Bud and It’s a Boy Girl Thing, will play the part of Monty. He joins James Wolk, the star of Fox’s short-lived drama Lone Star, and Australian actress Daisy Betts. The latter pair will share a romantic history, complicated by the demands of the characters’ all-consuming jobs.
The hour-long pilot will reunite Zegers with his Gossip Girl bosses Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, who along with Len Goldstein will executive produce. Will Fetters (The Lucky One, Remember Me) will serve as the project’s writer and executive producer, with Mark Piznarski (Veronica Mars, Gossip Girl) on board to direct.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day