- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It drew a combined 2.1 million viewers in the 9 p.m. time slot and an immediate replay for a share of 9.3 percent of people watching TV at the time in Britain. Ratings consultancy Attentional said that put its U.K. audience above that of Channel 4 (1.9 million viewers for documentary show 24 Hours in Police Custody) and BBC Two (900,000 viewers for documentary series The Kitchen).
Channel 5 said that excluding a second airing on the Channel 5+1 network right after the premiere, Gotham drew an average audience of 1.7 million, for a share of 7.8 percent. Year-to-date, Channel 5 has averaged 1.3 million viewers in the time slot, or 1.5 million when including the +1 audience, according to a spokeswoman.
“[Gotham] may well gain from a lot of viewing of recordings over the next seven days, so the final figure could be considerably higher,” Attentional said in a blog post. The ratings are close to what Channel 5 hit shows draw for their season launches.
Oct. 14, 2:45 a.m. Updated with more information on Channel 4 and BBC Two shows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day