- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After their rise, get ready for the “Wrath of the Villains” as Gotham returns to Fox next month.
The new subtitle for the show — following on from “Rise of the Villains,” the subtitle from the first half of the Batman-inspired Fox show’s second season — arrives via the key art for the series’ return, which debuts exclusively through The Hollywood Reporter.
Quite which villains are out for vengeance remains a mystery, although it’s worth noting that Tabatha Galavan (Jessica Lucas) has a better argument than most of those appearing in the image; Gordon and Cobblepot (Ben McKenzie and Robin Lord Taylor) did, after all, team up to murder her brother in the show’s winter finale.
Also visible in both versions of the image is House of Cards‘ Nathan Darrow as Victor Fries, the scientist who’ll one day become Batman’s nemesis Mr. Freeze, who’ll be the focus of the show’s first episode of the year. As Gordon and Bullock (Donal Logue) investigate just why Fries is stealing bodies throughout the city, Cobblepot will have to face the music concerning the sad fate of Theo Galavan. But what does Jurassic World‘s BD Wong have to do with everything?
All — or, at least, some — will be revealed when Gotham returns Feb. 29.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day