- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Graham Yost has his hands in two different worlds as an executive producer of FX’s upcoming Cold War-era spy drama The Americans (starring Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys) and the showrunner on FX’s Justified, which just bowed its fourth season. But he’s eager to re-team with Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks for a rumored third iteration of the their World War II miniseries’ for HBO.
PHOTOS: Overheard at the TCA Winter Press Tour
Yost wrote multiple episodes of both Band of Brothers (about the U.S. Army’s 101st Airborne division mission in Europe from Operation Overlord through V-J Day) and The Pacific (which revolved around Marines in Japan). He was also a producer on both. And he also worked with Hanks on the 1998 miniseries From the Earth to the Moon. Spielberg and Hanks, said Yost, are talking to HBO about exploring the aerial wars in the Pacific.
“If they wanted to do a miniseries about proctology, I would snap on the gloves and go,” Yost joked.
He added that Spielberg and Hanks have always been interested in making the minis that began in 2001 with Band of Brothers, a four-project catalog by exploring WWII through all four divisions of the armed forces including “if you could afford it, the Navy.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day