- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Greg Berlanti is expanding his relationship with NBC.
As the prolific producer prepares to launch Debra Messing procedural The Mysteries of Laura, NBC has handed out a script plus penalty commitment to FBI thriller Blindspot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama centers on an FBI agent who is drawn into a complex conspiracy when a naked amnesiac is found in Times Square covered in fresh tattoos … including his name on her back.
Martin Gero (Stargate SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, Bored to Death) will pen the script and executive produce the drama, which hails from Warner Bros. Television and Berlanti Productions, where the producer behind The CW’s Arrow and spinoff The Flash is based. Berlanti and Berlanti Productions topper Sarah Schechter also will executive produce. Blindspot marks former WB exec Schechter’s first TV project after joining the company in February.
The project marks Gero’s latest TV foray following The CW’s Canadian import The L.A. Complex. He’s repped by WME. Berlanti is with WME and Felker Toczek.
Blindspot marks the second project involving sleep depravation this development season. Fox also is prepping sci-fi insomnia drama Nod.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day