- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It wouldn’t be development season without Greg Berlanti.
Berlanti (Arrow, Political Animals) is teaming with Supernatural‘s Sera Gamble for an untitled medical drama.
The project revolves around world-renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Steven Saylor, who becomes a medical anomaly after suffering a traumatic brain injury and is forced to re-specialize as an internist at the hospital where he once held court.
Gamble will write and executive produce alongside Berlanti, with Melissa Kellner Berman on board to co-executive produce the Warner Bros. Television and Berlanti Productions drama.
This past development season, Berlanti had an untitled comedy with Greg Malins and drama Golden Boy set up at CBS, drama Guilty at Fox and Arrow at the CW. Golden Boy and Arrow — along with USA Network’s mini Political Animals — were picked up to series, with Guilty remaining in contention for next year.
Gamble, for her part, left the long-running CW drama in April, opting to focus on development for Supernatural studio WBTV.
The project marks a homecoming of sorts for Berlanti and ABC; he developed Brothers and Sisters, Dirty Sexy Money, No Ordinary Family and Eli Stone for ABC Studios.
Berlanti is repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day