- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Grey’s Anatomy stars Kevin McKidd and Chandra Wilson are returning to the director’s chair.
The duo will each direct one of the remaining Season 8 episodes of the ABC medical drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
McKidd — who first stepped behind the camera last season and directed the sixth episode of the Shonda Rhimes drama this year — is set to take the lead on Episode 21. Wilson, meanwhile, will mark her sixth time at the helm when she directs Episode 22 of Grey’s 24-episode season.
“In a way, it almost feels like there’s more pressure the second time because people are going to cut you some slack the first time,” McKidd told THR earlier this season of the experience. “But the second time people expect you to really know what you’re doing, and you should.”
An airdate has not yet been determined for the episodes.
The duo join a growing cadre of stars who have stepped behind the camera for their respective series, including Parenthood‘s Peter Krause, Royal Pains‘ Mark Feuerstein and Mad Men‘s Jon Hamm, who will direct the long-awaited season premiere.
Grey’s Anatomy returns from its winter hiatus on Thursday at 9 p.m. on ABC.