- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy is bringing in a specialist.
White Collar and One Tree Hill alum Hilarie Burton has boarded the Shonda Rhimes medical drama for a recurring role, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by E! Online, Burton will recur and play a craniofacial specialist who visits the hospital to work on a case. The actress will debut in the 22nd episode of the season, slated for May.
Rhimes recently took to Twitter to warn Grey’s viewers of the intense season finale. “Had very intense discussions yesterday with writers about the Grey’s season finale. We made some very bold shocking decisions. Wow,” she wrote.
Burton recently joined the cast of Fox’s Michael Pena drama pilot The List. She’s repped by Principal Entertainment.
She becomes the latest recurring player to join Grey’s Anatomy this season, joining Constance Zimmer, Justin Bruening, Neve Campbell and guest star Sarah Chalke.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day