- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Showtime’s upcoming drama Ray Donovan has added a Grey’s Anatomy alum to its ranks.
The freshman drama revolves around a professional “fixer” for the rich and famous in Los Angeles — the title character to be played by Liev Schreiber — as he balances his work demands and complex family brought on when his father (played by Jon Voight) is unexpectedly released from prison. Paula Malcomson, Eddie Marsan, Dash Mihok, Katherine Moennig and Pooch Hall co-star.
Brooke Smith, who played Dr. Erica Hahn for four seasons on the ABC medical drama from Shonda Rhimes, will recur on Ray, playing Frances — the nurse and potential love interest for Ray’s brother, Terry (Marsan), who is struggling with Parkinson’s disease.
Silence of the Lambs actress Smith’s credits include USA Network’s upcoming Graceland, American Horror Story: Asylum, Weeds and features Fair Game and Bad Company. She’s repped by IFA Talent, Barking Dog Entertainment and Peikoff Law.
Showtime will move Dexter up to a spring premiere June 30 and use the Michael C. Hall-Jennifer Carpenter starrer to launch Ray Donovan, which premieres the same night at 10 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day