- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Grey’s Anatomy will say farewell to three series regulars this season.
Series regulars Tessa Ferrer (Leah) and Gaius Charles (Shane) will exit the ABC medical drama as series regulars this season, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter. The contracts for duo, who were promoted to series regular following season nine, will not be picked up for the yet-to-be announced 11th season.
Ferrer and Charles joined the series — along with Camilla Luddington (Jo) and Jerikka Hinton (Stephanie) — as recurring players in season nine and were upped to regulars for the current 10th season. It’s unclear if the duo will be invited back as guest stars or in a recurring capacity for season 11.
This brings the number of Grey’s Anatomy cast departures to three this season. Ferrer and Charles join original star Sandra Oh, who will exit the Shonda Rhimes-Betsy Beers drama following the end of its current 10th season. Stars Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo, meanwhile, booked new two-year deals to remain with Grey’s through a potential 12th season.
The duo mark the latest cast departures this TV season. They join Paul Guilfoyle of CSI, Cote de Pablo of NCIS, Parks and Recreation‘s Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones and The Good Wife‘s Josh Charles, among others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day