- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Did Derek (Patrick Dempsey) really cheat on Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy?
That’s the central question leading into Thursday’s “With our Without You” episode of the Shonda Rhimes medical drama, and The Hollywood Reporter‘s exclusive video form the hour seems to indicate the show’s central couple may really be in trouble.
After making what appears to be a breakthrough discovery in D.C., Derek’s research fellow (played by Jeanne Benoit) is overcome with excitement and gratitude for Derek’s support— so much so that she announces that she thinks he’s “amazing” and wants to thank him with a big smooch.
The professional breakthrough turns personal when Derek and his colleague share a very awkward moment, in which it becomes unclear what’s really on the mind of the married father of two: a smooch with a young fellow or his family.
That turns even more awkward when he finally insists he should go — and she grabs his hand, looking like she’s definitely going to seize the moment.
So does he cheat? Did he already emotionally cheat on Meredith if he was considering it? Sound off in the comments below. Grey’s Anatomy airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day