- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first footage for Grey’s Anatomy‘s 11th season has arrived, and it sets up what showrunner Shonda Rhimes has called a “Meredith-centric season.”
In the new clip, Mer (Ellen Pompeo) tells hubby Derek (Patrick Dempsey) that she’s not going to Washington and instead opting to remain in Seattle in what looks like a very tense confrontation.
Meanwhile, April (Sarah Drew) tells Jackson (Jesse Williams) that it seems like Derek is “dying inside” as Mer, now leaning on Alex (Justin Chambers) after Cristina’s (Sandra Oh) departure, ponders whether her marriage can survive what seems like a professional impasse with Derek.
“It’s really a Meredith-centric season. There’s a lot of growth. She’s lost her person. Her sister has showed up. Her husband is chafing to go someplace else. She’s got all these things going on. Maybe that’s the theme; maybe it’s independence. But for me right now, it feels like it’s Meredith. I’m feeling her more acutely because she’s lost her person,” Rhimes told The Hollywood Reporter of season 11.
Check out the promo, below, and hit the comments with your thoughts. Grey’s Anatomy returns Thursday, Sept. 25, in its new time at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day