- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Grey’s Anatomy is adding another Shepherd.
As first reported by TV Line, Campbell will join the ninth season of Shonda Rhimes’ Seattle-set drama as a sibling to Patrick Dempsey’s Dr. Derek Shepherd, appearing in two episodes currently slated for December.
It’s not clear which of Derek’s four sisters Campbell, who currently co-stars in Encore’s 12-part miniseries Titanic: Blood and Steel, will play — either the as-yet-unseen Kathleen or the mysterious unnamed fourth sibling.
Caterina Scorsone plays Amelia Shepherd on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy spinoff Private Practice and Embeth Davitz previously appeared as his sister, Nancy.
Campbell joins the series as Derek is recouperating from the deadly plane crash that claimed the lives of his best friend Mark (Eric Dane) and sister-in-law Lexie (Chyler Leigh).
Grey’s Anatomy returns next week at 9 p.m. on ABC. What do you think of the casting? See any family resemblance? Sound off in the comments below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day