- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy is adding another series regular to its roster.
The Shonda Rhimes medical drama has promoted Giacomo Gianniotti to series regular, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The Reign alum joined the Thursday night staple as the recurring role of Andrew DeLuca, one of the hospital’s new intern class, in the season 11 finale.
This season, Gianniotti’s character has become a love interest for fellow series regular Kelly McCreary’s Dr. Maggie Pierce, Meredith’s half-sister.
The actor, who next appears in Focus Features’ Jesse Owens biopic Race (due Feb. 19), becomes Grey’s Anatomy‘s latest series regular. He joins Martin Henderson, who made his debut as new doc Nathan Riggs in the last few episodes of the first half of season 12, as well as Jason George, who has recurred as Bailey’s husband and fellow doctor Ben for multiple seasons.
He’s repped by Thruline Entertainment and Characters. Check out the new trailer for Grey’s Anatomy (and the rest of the TGIT lineup) below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen