- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason George is scrubbing in for good.
The actor has been promoted to series regular on Grey’s Anatomy for the medical drama’s upcoming 12th season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. (George broke the news himself on Twitter.)
George made his debut as Dr. Ben Warren on season six, playing a love interest for Bailey (Chandra Wilson). The two married in season nine. The actor has recently been splitting his time between Grey’s Anatomy and another ABC drama, Mistresses, which returns for season three this month. He also starred on the short-lived 2010 ABC series Off the Map, which was executive produced by Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes.
The actor fills a gaping hole in the cast left by Patrick Dempsey, whose character was shockingly killed off the show in late April.
George is repped by APA and Morris Yorn.
Grey’s Anatomy returns in the fall on Thursdays at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day