- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Grey’s Anatomy is bulking up its cast.
The ABC medical drama has enlisted The Mentalist alum Joe Adler, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Adler will recur on the final two episodes of season 11. Details on Adler’s character are being kept under wraps, but it would be a safe bet that The Maze Runner actor will play a new intern at Grey Sloan Memorial hospital.
Adler becomes the latest addition to the cast of the Shonda Rhimes medical drama. He joins the previously announced Giacomo Gianniotti (Reign), who will also recur this season.
The casting comes as Grey’s Anatomy is bulking up its cast following the departure of Patrick Dempsey. The show’s leading man was written out in the April 23 episode, in which Derek Shepherd was struck by a truck and killed.
Adler is repped by Paradigm and Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
Grey’s Anatomy returns Thursday with a two-hour episode starting at 8 p.m. on ABC. Will you be watching? Vote in our poll here, and check out what star Ellen Pompeo had to say about what’s next for Meredith here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day