- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Grey’s Anatomy has hired a new doc.
The ABC medical drama has tapped True Blood‘s Camilla Luddington for a recurring role for Season 9, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Luddington, best known for her portrayal of Kate Middleton in Lifetime’s TV movie William & Kate, will play a young doctor with an option to return as a series regular in the potential 10th season.
In addition to playing the newest royal, Luddington’s credits include a multiple-episode gig this season on HBO’s True Blood as Claudette, and a seasonlong arc on Showtime’s Californication.
She joins Friday Night Lights’ Gaius Charles in the Shonda Rhimes series and helps fill the void left by the departures of co-stars Chyler Leigh (Lexie) and Kim Raver (Teddy), who were both written out in the shocking Season 8 finale.
Luddington is repped by Progressive Artists Agency, Main Title Entertainment and McKuin Frankel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day