- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s a touchdown for ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy.
Details about who Charles would play on the Shonda Rhimes medical drama are being kept under wraps, but he’ll have a recurring role on the ninth season of ABC’s top drama.
The actor is best known for portraying the egotistical but lovable Smash Williams on the NBC/DirecTV critical darling.
Charles’ casting follows a heartbreaking Season 8 finale that saw two co-stars depart the series. Chyler Leigh‘s Lexie was killed off in the episode that saw Seattle Grace’s best and brightest left stranded in the woods after a plane crash.
Kim Raver‘s Teddy was written out after Owen (Kevin McKidd) fired her, forcing the grieving doc to move on with her life after the death of her husband, Henry (Scott Foley).
Charles most recently guest starred on ABC’s short-lived Pan Am. He’s repped by Gersh and Principal Entertainment.
TV Line first reported the casting.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day