- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy has added another doctor to its ranks.
True Blood and Newsroom actress Adina Porter has booked a guest-starring role on the upcoming ninth season of the Shonda Rhimes medical drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Porter, who played Tara’s mother on True Blood and a member of Will McAvoy’s staff on Newsroom, will play Dr. Ramsey, a doctor at the Boise hospital who treats the survivors of the plane crash that has already claimed at least one life (RIP, Lexie). She’ll appear in the second episode of the season, “Remember the Time,” when the medical drama flashes back to return to the site of the plane crash.
Porter, who has also appeared on Rhimes’ Private Practice, becomes the latest guest actor to score a doctor role on the long-running series. She joins Friday Night Lights‘ Gaius Charles, who will check in as a doc at Seattle Grace, as well as True Blood alum Camilla Luddington, among others.
Grey’s Anatomy returns Thursday, Sept. 27 at 9 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day