- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A familiar face is checking back into Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital.
Tessa Ferrer is set to reprise her role as Leah Murphy on Grey’s Anatomy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Ferrer made her debut in season nine as one of several new interns at the hospital. The actress was promoted from recurring to series regular for season 10. However, she and Gaius Charles then both exited the series at the end of season 10.
Of the group of five interns introduced in season nine, only Camilla Luddington and Jerrika Hinton have remained on the show.
The timing of Ferrer’s return is particularly interesting given that Leah had feelings for Arizona (Jessica Capshaw). Sara Ramirez, who played Arizona’s wife Callie, departed the show last season, and Arizona is subsequently getting a new love interest this season.
“I’m guessing and think it will be someone who has a great amount of confidence and excitement,” Capshaw told THR last week. “I have a feeling it will be very nice for them to have that quid pro quo and lively exchange and banter.”
Since her stint on Grey’s, Ferrer has recurred on You’re the Worst and Extant. She is repped by APA, Lasher Group and Suprin Mayersohn.
Grey’s Anatomy airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day