- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Grey’s Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo is adding executive producer to her résumé.
Debt is a satire of the 2008 financial meltdown in New York. It follows Lillian, a woman in her 20s, who works as an SAT tutor to try to pay off her college loans and explores how everyone she knows — even her tutee’s billionaire father — is in somebody’s debt.
Pompeo will executive produce the drama, which is in the development stage. Debt hails from ABC Signature, ABC Studios’ cable-focused boutique division banner. A writer is not yet attached.
For Pompeo, Debt marks her second behind-the-scenes role as executive producer. The actress and fan favorite inked a new two-year deal to remain on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy through a likely 12th season next year. She launched production company Calamity Jane in 2011 with a script sale to ABC that did not move forward.
The drama arrives as ABC Family is targeting older women in an attempt to be perceived as a young-adult network rather than one that caters to families with kids under new chief Tom Ascheim.
Pompeo is repped by WME, John Carrabino Management and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day