- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s Grimm is ready to add some creepiness to Halloween.
The network’s Friday night sci-fi procedural will tackle the case of the Weeping Woman with Weeds alum Kate del Castillo for the episode titled “La Llorona,” which is loosely based on the famed legend of a woman who drowned her children.
In a clip from the episode exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, del Castillo plays Valentina Marquez, a mysterious detective from Albuquerque who comes to Portland to help Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) capture a serial child abductor. Valentina has spent the past five years tracking the perp and identifying patterns in related abductions — which include the drowning deaths of two boys and a girl between the ages of 7 and 10, with little to no evidence left behind.
According to the La Llorona (which translates to weeping woman) legend, a woman named Maria kills her children by drowning them in order to be with the man she loves. Upon his rejection, she commits suicide but is not permitted to enter the afterlife until she finds her missing children, forcing her to wander the Earth for all eternity, crying, as she searches for her drowned offspring.
Check out the clip below and hit the comments with your thoughts.
Grimm airs Fridays at 9 p.m. on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day