- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The No Doubt singer is in talks to join the NBC competition series for season seven as a coach, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. She would take over for Christina Aguilera, who announced in February that she was pregnant with her second child.
The season, which begins shooting in June, will also see Pharrell Williams taking over the big red chair for Cee Lo Green. Coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton are expected to return. Last Saturday at Coachella, Williams brought Stefani out as a special guest during his set for “Hollaback Girl” and promised big things for her. This would mark a reunion for the two.
Stefani would be the latest big name to sign on for The Voice, with the current season boasting a slate of guest mentors that has included Miranda Lambert, Aloe Blacc, Jill Scott, The Band Perry, and the recent addition of Coldplay’s Chris Martin as universal guest mentor.
The Voice is presented by Burnett’s One Three Inc., Talpa Media USA Inc. and Warner Horizon Television. The series was created by John de Mol, who serves as executive producer along with Burnett, Audrey Morrissey, Stijn Bakkers and Lee Metzger.
TMZ first reported the Stefani news.
NBC declined comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day