- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
That was quick.
The comedy, produced by 20th Century Fox, was renewed on Sunday for a fifth season— a key hurdle in getting the family comedy to the key 100-episode benchmark for syndication.
The multicamera comedy will debut on Hallmark’s roster in January, where it will join syndicated repeats of Allen’s Home Improvement as well as The Middle.
“As our classic sitcom schedule continues to grow and bring in a solid ratings performance, Last Man Standing fits right into the model of family friendly entertainment that is at the core of our programming values,” says Darren Melameth, senior vp program planning and acquisitions at Hallmark Channel parent Crown Media Family Networks. “Among the cluttered landscape of more risqué television sitcoms, Last Man Standing approaches its portrayal of family life with a humor and attitude that is just right for the Hallmark Channel brand, creating the perfect comedy block starting next year.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day