- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS has recruited a Tony-nominated star from Broadway’s Hamilton.
Phillipa Soo, who originated the role of Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton on Broadway, has been tapped to co-star in the network’s drama pilot The Code.
In The Code, the military’s brightest minds take on the country’s toughest challenges — inside the courtroom and out — where each attorney is trained as a prosecutor, a defense lawyer, an investigator — and a Marine.
Soo will play Lt. Harper, a hyper-organized second lieutenant capable of subdividing any problem into color-coded action points. She is a highly capable lawyer who wishes she could skip the small stuff and take on bigger cases.
Craig Turk and Craig Sweeny penned the script and will executive produce the CBS Television Studios pilot alongside Carl Beverly and Sarah Timberman. Sweeny will serve as showrunner.
Soo’s TV credits include five episodes of NBC’s Smash as well as ABC’s 2014 Dangerous Liaisons pilot that did not move forward. She is repped by UTA and Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
Keep up with all the latest pilot orders, castings and eventual series pickups with THR‘s handy guide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day