- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
More parents will pay a visit to the Happy Endings crew in the series’ third season.
Following parental appearances from Megan Mullally, Damon Wayans and Michael McKean, the ABC comedy has added two guest stars to play mom and dad to siblings Alex (Elisha Cuthbert) and Jane (Eliza Coupe). An ABC rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Harry’s Law actor Christopher McDonald and Airplane! star Julie Hagerty will take on the previously unseen couple, as first reported by TV Guide.
The duo will appear in the sixth episode of the upcoming run, when Alex and Jane are tasked with throwing a birthday party for their hard-to-please father. Jane takes it upon herself to think of Serbian-themed jokes for the festivities.
McDonald, who has recurred on Boardwalk Empire, comes to Happy Endings from a starring role on NBC’s now-canceled Harry’s Law. Hagerty, the famously flighty flight attendant from Airplane!, has been on Malcolm in the Middle and CSI.
They follow the recent guest casting of Nick Zano as Penny’s (Casey Wilson) boyfriend, Pete. His stint kicks off in episode five.
Hagerty is repped by Innovative Artists, and McDonald is repped by the Gersh Agency.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day